Monday 16 March 2015

Black Saree and Oxidised Jewellery Kind of a Day...

Sarees have always been my favorite item of festive wear. Whether its as simple as a cotton saree or a luscious tussar silk saree like the one in the pictures, I like them all. A black silk saree with silver oxidised jewellery sounds good, delectable almost. I thought I could never go wrong with that look. I was wrong!!!

The black and silver combo made me look completely washed out, and soon I had to come up with a way to introduce color into my look. It was my cousin's wedding and I wanted to look my best! I did not want to want to go with multi-colored or embroidered lace as that was taking away from the classy elegance of the saree. Hence, the mirror work multi-colored tassles came into the picture! All I had to do was attach them to the drawstrings of my blouse and I was decked up with baubles in front and back!







Saree: Bihar Emporium
Necklace: Cottage Emporium
Earrings: Fab India
Silver Cuff: Janpath
Multi-colored tassles: Local shops in West Delhi :)

Put together, I think I pulled off a decent enough look, with a little touch of Mac Ruby Woo too. I have six red lipsticks in my beauty box. Coming up..My Fav 5 Red Lipsticks!




No comments:

Post a Comment